Last visit was: It is currently Sat Aug 08, 2020 7:34 am

All times are UTC - 4 hours

Post subject: A god rwiting exercise
PostPosted: Wed Feb 12, 2014 2:18 pm 
feeling out the orange

I've been going through the book * keys to recovery from and eating disorder with my counselor. I'm on the last chapter now and there are some good writing exercises that I thought I'd share. To kind of get you started they give you a couple to do before the main one to give you practicde and get the idea.

Describing an apple- You have just landed on earth from a different planet and are given an apple to taste. Describe the apple like you were describing it to somebody back home. What does it look like? How does it taste and smell.

Describing a flower- Basically the same exercise only this time you are describing a flower to somebody back home.

Describing your body.- This is the main exercise. You are describing your earthsuit to somebody back home. It says to describe it objectively without any negative comments. Kind of like describing the apple and flower without any preconceived notions. This exercise helps you to see your body for all it does for you and the fact that you are not your body and the true you is inside.

Offline Profile