Last visit was: It is currently Tue Oct 22, 2019 8:13 pm

All times are UTC - 4 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 83 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6
 Post subject: Re: Recovery Record App
PostPosted: Fri Feb 01, 2013 10:43 am 
orange you prolific

eniebee wrote:
Does anyone know if recording water intake etc is important?

If you struggle with too much or too little water intake I would say it is important!

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Fri Feb 01, 2013 2:44 pm 
power lies within

^ For me, logging fluid intake is important. I tend to not drink enough. I find it hard to use their "have you had any beverages since your last log, how many?" question though. So, I tend to just write down some. So I could see how this could be a good thing to log if you drink too little or drink too much. Both can be considered behaviors and both can cause some serious problems.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Fri Feb 01, 2013 8:50 pm 
orange scribe

I still don't know how I feel about the app.... at first I found it really helpful, but then actually logging things became a non-priority.

Maybe because I'm more centric on living atm and that reminds me of very disordered times (when I started using it was when I was i really bad shape)? I don't know.

I myself am made entirely of flaws, stitched together with good intentions.

http://recoverysabotage.tumblr.com/

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Fri Feb 01, 2013 9:07 pm 
orange is a state of mind

Maybes it a good idea, I have a tendency to drink TOO much... Maybe that could effect hunger levels its just something I developed thats now a habit.

FadingHippie wrote:
I still don't know how I feel about the app.... at first I found it really helpful, but then actually logging things became a non-priority.

Maybe because I'm more centric on living atm and that reminds me of very disordered times (when I started using it was when I was i really bad shape)? I don't know.

I'm glad your focused on living <3! Perhaps your more focused on just life things etc! Maybe just make sure when your not eating so well, you dont avoid using it :D x

Life is what you make it :)

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Mon Mar 25, 2013 4:57 am 
admin goddess from hell

I found an article recommending the top four recovery apps, of which Recovery Record was the first, but you may want to have a look at some of the others:

Quote:
Top 4 Eating Disorder Recovery Apps
By Courtney Keeler

Websites flaunting images of extremely thin women and svelte men and tips on how to sustain weight loss by extreme measures litter cyberspace. In addition to having a negative impact on their readers self-esteem, they glorify eating disorders, and can raise the anxiety of those trying to recover from ED. Despite this reality, there is hope! Dozens of online resources exist to support people recovering from eating disorders.

But, before we share our favorite recovery apps, below are a few tips you can use to make surfing the web a positive recovery experience:

* REPLACE viewing triggering websites with viewing ones that offer positive quotes or recovery stories.
* DELETE friends who do not support your recovery and triggering groups or pages across all social media platforms. Write positive messages to others. Helping to brighten someone else’s day will certainly brighten yours too.
* DOWNLOAD apps on your phone that will help motivate you and keep you on track.

Now, without further ado…here are the top four apps that several patients in our Intensive Outpatient and Partial Hospitalization Programs recommended to help you stay in control of your recovery.

1. Recovery Record - This app is great, particularly if you are trying to work on balancing eating and following a meal plan. It will remind you throughout the day to stay on track with meals and snacks. The app will also help you monitor how you are feeling throughout the day.

2. Self Esteem Daily Affirmations – This app gives you affirmations and the option to create a list of your favorite ones.

3. Optimism - This app helps you keep track of ways to stay positive, how to take care of yourself, and triggers to avoid. You can log what stressors you have encountered throughout the day and which self-care activities you have done.

4. Positive Thinking - This app shows steps you can take to start thinking more positively. It has exercises you can do throughout the day such as deep breathing and repeating affirmations. It will also send you alerts with positive quotes throughout the day.

It can be easy to get caught up in the negativity that surrounds us in the media. Make an effort to try visiting new, inspiring website or download a helpful app to your phone. You may not like the first one you try, but there are so many out there if you are looking for them.

Walden Behavioral Care

~~ John Lennon

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Mon Mar 25, 2013 10:27 am 
power lies within

I found this app really helpful when I first started using it, now it's just kind of an annoying thing that pops up on my phone. They fixed a lot of the bugs on it though.

I'm glad this thread was bumped; I'm going to try to start using it again.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Tue Jun 25, 2013 1:20 am 
orange goddess

I'm not sure if I responded to this or not but I did download the app I love it for many reasons mainly accountability because my R.D. can look at what I'm eating and she can also goal set with me as well. There's other cool features to unlock some of the animal creative island type things there's all these activities that make you think about your E.d. and how it affects your life and challenge your thinking.

It's great app highly recommend.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Tue Jun 25, 2013 5:07 pm 
i love orange

Wow, this app seems awesome! I'm definitely going to start using it! :)

Offline Profile  

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 83 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6